My proper marathon training has started :-)
I ran 7.5km this evening just around the main streets on Amager. My foot has stopped hurting! I have now laced my trainers in a way that doesn't put pressure on the top of my feet.
1. The lace runs straight across the bottom (grey section) and the ends are fed into both bottom eyelets.
2. One end of the lace (yellow end) runs straight up the right side, emerges and runs straight across the second set of eyelets.
3. Both ends now run straight up the left side, each skipping one eyelet before emerging two eyelets higher up.
4. Continue running both ends across the shoe, then straight up two eyelets at a time, until one end reaches the top.
5. The other end then runs straight across the second last set of eyelets, then straight up to the top.
Just like last week (and probably most Thursdays from now on) I ended my run at my sons Scouts hut.
My son and I then ran the 1.25km home for his training to help me run the last 2km of the marathon. (This isn't counted in my marathon kilometres).
My next run is scheduled for Sunday :-)