22 May 2013

Adistar Boosts after Copenhagen Marathon Review!

On Sunday I ran Copenhagen Marathon in my Adidas Boosts! I admit I was very nervous about running a marathon in them as they sit very snug on the feet so I was thinking that I may lose more toenails than ever before.
The weather was rainy like in Edinburgh so I knew that I would get wet feet again...


As far as I am concerned the Adidas Boost trainers are THE BEST TRAINERS EVER! Why do I say this?

All 4 of my other marathons that I have run have two things in common:-
1: LOTS of blisters!
2: BIG loss of toenails!

I have been searching for some trainers that would help with the blister situation and would stop me losing toenails. I had already tried taping my toes, different socks, different trainers, trainers too big, vaseline, bodyglide stuff, vitamins, and any other remedies I could find on running sites. Nothing has made any difference :-(

But now I seem to have found the answer: Adistar Boosts!!


After the marathon I had one little blister on the side of my big toe and one little blister in between two toes. And that was it (other than having very wrinkled feet from the wetness). As of now, three days after the marathon, it looks like all my toenails will stay attached this time :-) If I don't lose a toenail then, as far as I'm concerned, these trainers are like GOLD to me! I'll keep you updated.

There also seems to definately be a return of energy when running in these shoes as my legs didn't seem very tired at all during the marathon and could have carried on going for ??? amount of kilometres more!


One last thing, the trainers are not very water resistant so when my Boosts are dead and I buy some more from kaisersport, I am going to spray them with a water resistant spray to help my feet stay maybe a little dryer :-)

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic. I saw this Adidas Boost at the RnR PDX expo last weekend and thought of you. I might give them a try, although I am currently happy with my Brooks's PureConnect. I am also glad that you are back, running full marathon distances. Yeahhhh! Oh, you make a good Adidas ambassadortoo :-) You should provide them with feedback so they make them more water proof in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I'm glad I'm back too! I think it's also because I now know that if I can't be bothered to do the boring long training runs I'll still finish if I go a little slower and walk through the stations...
      I'll write to Adidas about the water proof problem because as far as I can tell that is the only downside to the trainers.

      Delete
  2. HI Lynne,

    Yah spraying will help them not get so waterlogged. I like mesh uppers shoes like the kinvaras for wet.. not much to absorb the water 8)

    -p

    ReplyDelete