14 Dec 2014

Hanson's Marathon Method Week 6 Plan

What happened in week 5 training!

Monday - 8k easy run with a pace of 6:20. I did it with an average pace of 6:17.

Wednesday - This was speed training of 7 x 400 metres with 400 metres recovery in between. As usual this went well.

Thursday - Today I was supposed to run 8k at 6:20 but found it impossible to fit it in my days schedule so instead I ran 5k today and will run the other 3k tomorrow.

Friday - I ran the other 3k from yesterday today.

Saturday - This is where things get confusing! With Christmas coming up fast there are a few of my sons Christmas parties I have to go to. One is next Wednesday at the athletics club so there is no training for my son that day. Therefore, instead of running 6.5k today, I decided to do next Wednesdays speed training so ran 12 x 400 metres speed with 400 metres recovery. This was pretty hard and I was glad that I had already been doing speed training each week even though it isn't in the Hansons Plan. At half way instead of jogging the 400 metre recovery I walked it and then continued running again. This made the 12 x 400 metres easier to manage.

Sunday - Today should have been a 9.5k but I was ill in the night so decided not to run at all today!

Week 5 Overall - This week started of normal and then went a bit strange. I expect the training to be all over the place until after Christmas now.

Hanson's Method Week 6 Plan (the training plan underneath is for my friend Danny)

Monday      - 4k with a pace of 6:20
Tuesday      - 6.5k with a pace of 6:10
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday    - 6.5k with a pace of 6:20
Friday         - Tempo 8k marathon pace 5:18
Saturday     - 11k with a pace of 6:20
Sunday       - 13k with a pace of 5:40

Monday      - 6.5k with a pace of 6:20
Tuesday      - Off
Wednesday - 12 x 400 metres speed training with 400 metres recovery
Thursday    - 6.5k with a pace of 6:20
Friday         - Tempo 8k marathon pace 5:18
Saturday     - 11k with a pace of 6:20
Sunday       - 13k with a pace of 5:40

No comments:

Post a Comment