4 Jul 2012

New 5k Records for Both of Us!


Latimer and I both ran the 5k Mini Strandløb (beach run) this evening!

The sun was shining and it was really hot to run in. Latimer and I started very near the front so Latimer could just run without having to overtake or be held up by lots of people. I was hoping to get a better 5k but with the weather being so hot I wasn't expecting it to happen.

When the gun sounded and we got over the line Latimer just ran! I had lost him within 7 seconds this time! My plan was to start off a little fast and then try and run around 5.13 pace or less. That way I should beat my last 5k time.

By 3.5k I was really finding it hard going because of the sun but just put my head down and kept on running. I was looking out for Latimer but didn't see him anywhere.

At the finish I did my usual sprint even though I was almost dead and I won a goody bag :-) I've never won one before so was very happy!

Latimer was watching me finish and we high fived when I came over the line. We both had got new 5k records!!

Latimer finished in 25 minutes and 21 seconds which is over a minute faster then his best 5k before today!
I finished in 25 minutes and 49 seconds which is almost 45 seconds faster than my best!


6 comments:

  1. Great Race!!!...Fantastic times...congratulations to you and Latimer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pancho :-)

      It was really hard but worth it once we crossed the finish line!

      Delete
  2. Congrats. To me it looks amazing that little kid is doing 5 min/km speed. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-)

      There were quite a few fast children out there yesterday. There was a girl of 13 years that was keeping up with the men front runners of the 10k! I think she finished the 10k in 38 minutes!!

      Now that's fast :-)

      Delete
  3. Great race Lynne!! Congratulations for your kid and yourself.

    Short time between you both, this challenge is getting more and more interesting :D

    By the way, a girl of 13 years old finished in 38'?? My goodness!! I think it's time for me to retire in short distances, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-)

      It seems that whenever I get a better time he does too. I'm never going to catch him up! Our next 5k race will be in August sometime so we're both looking forward to that :-)

      I was amazed at how fast that girl could run! Now that's someone that could easily be representing Denmark at the olympics soon...

      Delete