21 Nov 2010

HALF MARATHON COMPLETED :-)

Today I decided to go for a run between 12km and 15km!

I had a route in my head which I worked out would be about the right distance and off I went.

I ran down to Amager Strand Parken, all the way along the beach, up to Lergravsparken, up to Christianshavn and down to Islands Brygge.

At the bridge I had run 11.5km so I decided to run along by the water on the city side up to Fiskertorvet shopping center and then over the cycle bridge back to Amager. I carried on running through Amager Fælled and up to DR Byen. I had now run 17.5km.

I knew it was another 2km or so home so I decided that as I was so close already I may as well go for a half marathon today!

I ran around a villa area to add on another 2km and then ran home! At 19km I began to get tired but just told myself to snap out of it and keep running!

I had hardly any breakfast this morning and had no water or energy gels.

I ran my FIRST HALF MARATHON IN 2 HOURS AND 2 SECONDS!!!!

I am so proud of myself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment