17 Apr 2012

5 Days Until Madrid Marathon - A Summary of My Training


With 5 days to go until Madrid marathon this is how the weather is looking:-


Time

Weather

Temp

Feels

Rain

Cloud

Wind

Gust  

09:00

12 °c

11 °c

0.1 mm

50%
6 mph
W

7 mph

12:00

16 °c

16 °c

0.2 mm

29%
8 mph
W

9 mph

15:00

17 °c

17 °c

0.1 mm

20%
9 mph
WNW

11 mph

18:00

14 °c

13 °c

0.1 mm

32%
8 mph
NW

10 mph














And this is a summary of all the training I have done since January towards my goal of completing Madrid marathon:- (February looks a little scarce even though I managed 2 half marathons. Well you try training loads outside when it's around minus 5 each day with cold winds and snow!)

January 1st - Hill Training                                   February 6th - Hill Training
January 8th - Hill Training                                   February 8th - Interval Training
January 9th - 6.5k Run                                       February 12th - Interval Training
January 13th - 12k Run                                      February 20th - 21k Run
January 15th - Hill Training                                 February 25th - Fast 5k Run
January 16th - 7k Run                                        February 29th - 21k Run
January 21st - 10k Run
January 22nd - 7.5k Run
January 29th - Hill Training and 6k Run
January 30th - 8k Run

March 2nd - Interval Training                               April 1st - 28k Run
March 4th - Hill Training and Interval Training        April 5th - Hill Training
March 5th - 16k Run                                           April 7th - 10k Run
March 6th - Hill Training                                      April 9th - Hard Hill Training
March 8th - 12k Run                                           April 11th - 10.5k Run
March 9th - 4k Run                                             April 14th - 10k Bike and 6k Run
March 10th - Hill Training                                    April 16th - Hard Hill Training
March 12th - 10k Run                                         (April 18th - 10k Run)
March 14th - Hill Training
March 15th - Hill Training
March 17th - 21k Run
March 22nd - Hill Training
March 25th - 5k Run
March 26th - 5k Run
March 29th - Hill Training


4 comments:

  1. Weather looks perfect!! and your tourism plan too!! I lived for 4 years in Madrid and I think Temple of Debod is one of the most beautiful monuments and probably the least known.

    On Sunday I'll run a 10km race, 400km far from Madrid. But my mind will be with all the marathoners in Madrid.

    Mucha suerte--good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) This will be my 3rd marathon. I enjoyed Valencia so much in November that I just had to run another Spanish marathon!

      I love Egyptian history so the Temple of Debod is something I have to see. My hotel is only 5 minutes away from it :-)

      Delete
  2. Yah, that weather looks perfecto!

    You did an astounding amount of hill training...that should help quite a bit 8)
    -p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather justs keep changing as usual...

      Your training looks great for your up and coming race too!

      I do worry about the hill at the end of Madrid which I have to start running up after running around 35k. It's pretty much up hill the last 7k so I think that's where the real challenge starts.

      Delete