18 Apr 2012

4 Days to Go!

4 days until Rock 'n' Roll Madrid marathon and I am beginning to feel the nerves now!

Have I trained enough?
Am I too confident about the hills?
What if I can't make it up the big hill at the end?
What if it the sun is out and the temperature goes over 20 degrees again?

I know all these thoughts are normal and I do feel very confident about this marathon. This worries me very much as I think maybe I'm being a little blase.

Days leading up to a marathon = Worry about this, worry about that. Worry! Worry! Worry!
Day of marathon = Excitement! Confidence! Lots of fun! Meeting new friends! Achievement!

And now onto the weather.......

I just love the way the marathon weather keeps changing day by day......I learnt this in the week leading up to Copenhagen marathon last year! I just think it's interesting and don't really believe what the weather will be until the morning of the marathon. They seem to be able to predict it with some degree of accuracy then ;-)

Well with 4 days to go the weather for Sunday is now looking like this:-



Time

Weather

Temp

Feels

Rain

Cloud

Wind

Gust

09:00

14 °c

14 °c

0.0 mm

27%
4 mph
W

5 mph
12:00

18 °c

18 °c

0.4 mm

48%
8 mph
W

9 mph

15:00

19 °c

19 °c

0.5 mm

28%
10 mph
W

12 mph

3 comments:

  1. Yes the weather always seems to figure itself out by race day 8/

    I know you are not blase. It's a very special feeling to know you are about to do something BIG. Maybe like a mountain climber feels looking up from the valley ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul....and this marathon does seem big!

      Delete
  2. Don´t worry about the hills or the weather...you trained a lot...and I´m sure this Sunday will be a perfect day

    Suerte y a por ellos!!!!

    ReplyDelete