20 Apr 2012

Keep an eye on number F845 Madrid Marathon!

My race number is F845 for Madrid marathon!!!

I've certainly enjoyed my first full day in Madrid!

I met my friend Ciry for breakfast and we chatted like we had known each other for years :-)

Then we went to the Expo together which was the best one I have been to yet. It was fun looking around. It wasn't very busy either as we got there when it first opened.

After around an hour I went off to the zoo by myself and spent a wonderful few hours there! It's a really big zoo and has koalas and pandas :-)

Then I visited the Temple of Debod!! This is a fantastic temple which comes from Egypt so I was stepping into and seeing a wonderful piece of history. I have a feeling I will visit it again before I go home!

Right now I'm back at the hotel having a rest before getting ready for tonight. I'm meeting up with Ciry, maybe her mum and also another 'blogger' who Ciry knows, and an american guy (I met him at the expo and he knew Ciry as he had also run the Edinburgh Rock and Roll half marathon last weekend).

We are going out for tapas at 8.30pm but won't be out late.....

Photos coming soon........

No comments:

Post a Comment