1 Aug 2011

Copenhagen Night Running Tour!

FRIDAY, JUNE 24, 2011


Yesterday evening I guided a night sightseeing running tour around Copenhagen!

At Rådhuspladsen I met up with the two guests running the tour. As it was Sankt Hans Aften (midsummers eve) I found out where all the bonfires were and what time they would be lit and adjusted the tour so we would run past these places when the bonfires were fully alight.

So we first started running down Strøget up to Gammeltorv/Nytorv. We stopped here so I could tell my guests a little about the fountain, the courthouse, and the old town hall. They also wanted to have a quick look at the photo exhibition on the square.

After this we ran down to the canal and along it to The Merman and His Seven Sons. Here I told them the story of Agnete and The Merman. From there we ran through the back streets, across Kongens Nytorv and down to the bridge in the middle of Nyhavn. I was, of course, telling my guests about the different sites on the way.



We then ran past Ofelia Beach where there a bonfire had just been lit and then up to Gefion Fountain where there was a rather large bonfire in full flow by the waterside. We had a stop here to talk about the fountain.




Then it was off to Amalienborgslot where we watched the 10pm changing of the guard. Back to Nyhavn where the bonfire there had just been lit. This one looked especially beautiful as you can see in the photo.


And so we ran along by the water and up past The Black Diamond (the royal library), and onto the new fountain behind the Nykredit Crystal building. This was lit up but unfortunately there was no water coming out of any of the 2000 holes!

The last part of the tour was up past Tivoli where we could look in at the Tivoli Illuminations on the lake :-)

It was a wonderful tour and I enjoyed very much showing off beautiful, Wonderful Copenhagen by night!

If you are interested in a tour then see www.running-copenhagen.dk for details.

TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2011


Running Copenhagen Night Sightseeing Tour

I have 2 guests on Thursday night for my Running Copenhagen Night Sightseeing Tour!



It will be a little different because it is Saint Hans Aften (evening) in Denmark. Bonfires are lit, food is eaten and music is played :-)

It should be a great tour! I'll do a write up with photos on here afterwards because these tours are all part of getting me ready for my next marathon!

By the way, I didn't win the Ipad from the Malmömilen Sprint but I was in 20th place out of around 400 women that did run it!! I'm not a sprinter so am very happy with this result :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment