24 Mar 2012

So Very Tired!


After doing a half marathon last Saturday I could feel one of my knees 'twitching' a little so decided to have a few days off training. I figured after all the training I had been doing lately this should probably be my take it easy week anyway.

So other than running up the metro steps 3 or 4 times a day I didn't do any training until Thursday. On Thursday I did the hardest hill training session I have done yet! Right near where I live there is a big nature area which has a rather large hill in it. For some strange reason I thought it would be great for me to run up and down it a few times. I ran to the hill, spent half an hour running up and down (ok so I was kinda walking a little at the end), and then I ran home again.


I was dead for the rest of the evening and have actually been tired ever since! I really felt like I got a lot out of the hill training though so will do it at least once a week until Madrid. (On top of the rest of my training of course).

I have a 15k run planned for tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be around 15 degrees in the afternoon so I get a chance to practise a little in some heat at last :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment