Copenhagen Marathon 2011 Route and Water Deposits
Copenhagen Accommodation (best to book as far in advance as possible)
DANHOSTEL COPENHAGEN CITY
- Stay in walking distance to start and finish. As a guest at the DANHOSTEL Copenhagen City you have access to your room after the run to have a shower and you can leave your luggage during the run.www.danhostelcopenhagen.com
CABINN- Cabinn offers good, cheap accommodations and have a selection of four hotels in the Copenhagen Area. If you are participating in Nykredit Copenhagen Marathon, you can book your room at a special discount price. To get the discounted price you will be required to present your race number and the code 2509
DGI-BYEN HOTELS- “Sleep in quiet surroundings and wake up well rested for the challenge of your life. When you stay at one of DGI-Byens hotels you can walk back to your room to have a shower and rest until 17:00. Or you can recover your legs in the Swim Center spa or in the steam bath and sauna
SCANDICNYKREDIT COPENHAGEN MARATHON OFFICIAL HOTEL PARTNER
- Scandic is the official hotel partner and offers a range of hotels in the city center close to the starting area.
“Scandic is a modern hotel chain where conscious people come for inspiration and renewed energy. With around 150 hotels and 30,000 rooms, we are already one of the largest hotel companies in Europe. And Scandic are continuing to grow – within a few years, there will be over 200 Scandics to choose from."
Start & Finish
Nykredit Copenhagen Marathon is once again using the area just by Langebro at Islands Brygge as both start and finish area.
The area along the water front allows Nykredit Copenhagen Marathon to accomodate larger groups of runners and spectators better giving the race a great start when the runners cross Langebro and continue into the city center.
Nykredit Copenhagen Marathon gives you:
- Three days of Sports Expo before the run
- Timing recorded through a chip
- A traffic-free 42,195 km course for marathon runners only
- Pace setters to ensure a steady pace throughout the run
- Hydration stations every 4,5 km offering water and energy drink. Four stations will also serve fresh fruits
- Medical Aid Stations and toilets positioned along the route
- Music and other entertainment along the route
- Photos will be taken by photographers from Marathon Photos, who will be stationed throughout the course
- Showers will be available at the finish area
- A plastic blanket, hot chocolate, rolls, yoghurt and fresh fruits in the finish area
- A medal and a Nykredit Copenhagen Marathon t-shirt – to show you were there!
For more information, to read about the Sports Expo, and to sign up for Copenhagen Marathon 2011 please visit:-