25 Oct 2011

Beginner Runner Training and 15k Run!

For the last 4 weeks I have been running a beginner runner training course every Monday!

It is going very well. In 4 weeks we have gone from running 2 minutes and then walking 2 minutes for about half an hour to running somewhere between 8 and 10 minutes and then walking for 2 minutes. 

It is a great feeling to be helping others become better runners :-) The goal is that within 10 weeks they will be able to run 5k without stopping and by Christmas will be able to run all the way around The Lakes in Copenhagen!

Before I met up for the training yesterday I had a run of my own for about 7k. With the training added I ran a little over 15k yesterday which was great because I need to get some more longer runs in.

I will be doing a half marathon around the airport on 6th November :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, it's so tough in the beginning but the great thing is that the improvements come pretty fast.

    Must be fun to see!

    ReplyDelete