2 Jan 2015

Hanson's Marathon Method Week 9 Plan!

The last 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year I have been sick and recovering :-(

I was first ill on Sunday 21st December and took a while to even begin to feel better so didn't have another run until Saturday 27th December which was a 7k. Since then I have had a run every 2nd day. Today I ran a 15k with a pace of 5:51 and enjoyed it very much!

I have decided to stop following all of the Hanson's Method training as I believe training so much was why it took me much longer to recover from illness than my other family members who were fine after a day. The training seems to have worn my body out. Also it is VERY hard to find the time for all the training when I have a family and my youngest isn't old enough to be home alone.

I now have to adjust my goal for Barcelona Marathon. My new goal is simply to get a new PB :-)

My new training for Week 9 will be:-

Monday - OFF
Tuesday - OFF
Wednesday - 10 x 400 speed training with 400 recovery
Thursday - 10k with a pace of at least 6:00
Friday - OFF
Saturday - 10k with a pace of at least 6:00
Sunday - 25k with a pace of 5:50

I haven't done so well with running Tempo runs on demand so I'm going to leave this open and run at least one Tempo run every 2 weeks. I'll do this run on whatever day I'm feeling great and these will be run with a pace of at least 5:20.

I will leave the training plan below for my virtual training partner Danny to follow.

Hanson's Method Week 9 Plan

Monday      - 8k with a pace of 6:20
Tuesday      - Off
Wednesday - 5 x 1k speed training with 400 metres recovery
Thursday    - 9.5k with a pace of 6:20
Friday         - Tempo 13k marathon pace 5:18
Saturday     - 8k with a pace of 6:20
Sunday       - 24k with a pace of 5:40

No comments:

Post a Comment